The Alzheimer's Association
309 S. Front St, Marquette
This position provides leadership and direction for the development, coordination, and implementation of the Alzheimer’s Association’s strategic and operational plans in the Upper Peninsula. Working in conjunction with functional Chapter leads, ensures the agendas for development, care and support, and advocacy work is successfully implemented. The Regional Director is also responsible for the supervision, development, and oversight of the Regional Office staff and volunteers. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee operations for the Regional office including the recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of all Regional Office program staff and volunteers.
- Provide management level leadership for the delivery and oversight of all programs and services, including planning, budgeting, program evaluation, and the recruitment and cultivation of volunteers.
- Work with the Vice President of Development to create and implement a fund development plan for mass-market events including Walk to End Alzheimer’s in the UP.
- Work with the Fund Development Manager to identify potential grant sources, prepare necessary materials and provide ongoing oversight, reporting and coordination with other projects.
- Work with the Public Policy Director to maximize efforts towards successful public policy outreach in the UP including volunteer recruitment and support.
- Develop and monitor program service methods, data analysis, and service delivery systems for the region.
- Participate in Association workgroups, community coalitions and advocacy groups.
- Maintain working relationships and a referral base through networking with other professionals.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at public forums, conferences, and media events; function as an advocate representing the Alzheimer’s Association in the community.
- Assist the supervisor to ensure the integration of strategic directions into the department work plan.
- Assist in maximizing communications efforts in the region, including earned and paid media, and in the marketing of agency programs and services.
- Assist in Chapter event activities and other assignments as dictated by the needs of the Chapter.
- Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of leadership experience in program administration including needs assessment, program development, delivery, management and evaluation.
- 3 years experience supervising professional staff and volunteers.
- Experience with strategic planning, community relationship building and fund development and management.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite.
- Normal to fast-paced office environment.
- High degree of public contact.
- High degree of travel.
- High degree of telephone use.
- High degree of public speaking/presentations.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Commitment to a professional code of ethics.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers and external contacts to build and maintain effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to coach and develop staff and volunteers.
- Ability to analyze information and make timely appropriate decisions.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport materials up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate designated office equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.